Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to the questions we’re asked the most. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact us.
How does the wash/dry/fold service work?
- After registering for laundry service, you will receive a free Extraordinary Laundry bag.
- We’ll come by at the same predetermined day, time, and location to pick up your dirty laundry every week.
- Clothes are brought back to our facility where they are sorted, washed, dried, folded, and wrapped in plastic to protect your freshly laundered clothes.
- Approximately 48 hours after pick-up, your clothes are returned folded and ready to use. Learn more about how it works.
How much is the service?
We are the best value in Chapel Hill! We offer free pick up and drop off for customers. Click here for current prices.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards.
How does payment work?
- Residential: the credit card on file will be automatically charged every month for the upcoming month.
- Student: service is billed at the beginning of the semester. Fall subscriptions are automatically renewed in January for the spring semester. Subscriptions that begin mid-semester will be pro-rated.
- Commercial: service is billed by the pound. We weigh each bag before starting the washing process and invoice monthly.
When do you pick up and deliver?
Depending on your location, pick-ups occur on Mondays,Tuesdays, or Wednesdays with clean clothes delivered back approximately 48 hours later.
How often do you pick up and deliver?
Pick up is scheduled for once a week with your clean laundry returned approximately 48 hours later.
Where do you pick up and deliver?
We currently offer residential and commercial service in Chapel Hill, Carrboro, and much of Durham. Please see the next question for student service.
Which UNC dorms do you serve?
We offer laundry service at Granville Towers. Due to campus regulations, we are unable to service dorms on campus other than the privately owned Granville Towers.
Do you operate year round?
Residential and commercial service is offered year round, except for major holidays. Holiday schedule changes will be communicated in advance.
Student service begins the first week of classes each semester. The last week of service is the last week of exams each semester. Service may vary over UNC Fall, Thanksgiving, and Spring Breaks.
Are there any items that you cannot wash?
We do not clean delicate, dry clean only, line dry, or other items requiring special handling. We are unable to accommodate heavy or bulky items like bath mats and comforters. (Towels and sheets are just fine.) We also cannot accept items with the “Three P’s”: pee, poop, or puke. Thanks for understanding!
Please visit our How It Works page for more details on the laundry process.
What if my laundry is damaged?
We guarantee you will be pleased with the level of service you receive! Clothing is washed in cold water with a color-catcher to avoid color bleeding and dried on medium to avoid shrinkage. In the unlikely event that your laundry is damaged beyond normal wear, we assume the responsibility to replace the item.
What if an article of clothing is lost?
We take special care to ensure that every last sock is matched and returned to you! In the unlikely event that an item is lost while in our possession (in our facility or in our vehicle), we assume the responsibility to replace the item.
Please note: Extraordinary Laundry is not responsible for items that are lost or stolen from the pick up and drop off point. It is the customer’s responsibility to select a secure location.